Drug plea entered from major June trafficking sweep in Saratoga Springs
BALLSTON SPA A man snared in a Saratoga Springs drug bust last June pleaded guilty Monday to an attempted drug sale charge.
Chester C. Jones, 34, of Villarica, Ga., admitted in Saratoga County Court to felony third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance. His sentencing is slated for June.
Jones, who also goes by the name “X,” was arrested along with six other people in an investigation geared to reducing drug trafficking in Jefferson and Vanderbilt terraces in Saratoga Springs.
Also in County Court recently:
• Charles Morine, 42, of Lake George pleaded guilty Monday to felony second-degree burglary for an incident that happened in August in the town of Saratoga. Sentencing is scheduled for June.
• Russell Palmateer III, 35, of the Community Court, 248 Broadway, pleaded guilty Monday to third-degree grand larceny and burglary. He was arrested in March in Saratoga Springs. Scheduling is slated for June.
• Alfred Evans, 23, of the Budget Inn, 2865 Route 9, Malta, pleaded guilty Monday to felony third-degree rape. He was arrested last December for an incident that happened in the town of Saratoga and is scheduled to be sentenced in June.
• Karen Buss, 54, of 33 Ginger Terrace, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty Monday to felony driving while intoxicated and faces sentencing in May. She was arrested in May 2011 in Ballston.
• Donald E. Fish Sr., 52, of 99 Pearl St., Schuylerville, was sentenced Tuesday to continue on probation with a modified restitution order after he admitted to a probation violation in connection with a 2010 third-degree grand larceny conviction.
• Denny E. Hunter, 58, of 279 Wilbur Road, Schuylerville, admitted Thursday to a felony DWI charge from October in Mechanicville. He will be sentenced in June.
• Staci Billings, 38, of 4612 Foxwood Drive South, Clifton Park, had her probation terminated Thursday and was ordered to pay $9,079 in restitution after admitting to a probation violation in connection with a third-degree larceny charge from 2009 in Warren County.
• Gregory Pierre-Louis, 26, of 106 Clamsteam Road, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty April 11 to felony second-degree attempted criminal possession of marijuana. He was charged in December 2010 in Halfmoon.