The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Landmarks

Country store has roots in 19th century Mariaville

This photograph of Peeke’s General Store, now the Mariaville Lakeside Country Store, was taken around 1920. (photo: Duanesburg Historical  Society)
This photograph of Peeke’s General Store, now the Mariaville Lakeside Country Store, was taken around 1920. (photo: Duanesburg Historical Society)
  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

If Silas Marsh woke from the dead today and happened upon the small general store he built back on Mariaville Lake in 1831, he’d have no trouble recognizing the place. Of course, that doesn’t mean Dave Pirrone, who bought the building and business 18 years ago, hasn’t put in a lot of work fixing things up. But the corner at Mariaville Road (Route 159) and Batter Street on the northwest shore of the lake continues ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement