The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Johnstown house unlivable after blaze in bedroom

Firefighters from Johnstown and Gloversville work to put out a fire in a home on Melcher Street in Johnstown on Wednesday.
Firefighters from Johnstown and Gloversville work to put out a fire in a home on Melcher Street in Johnstown on Wednesday.
  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

Firefighters saved a Melcher Street house that caught fire Wednesday, but broken windows and the lack of power made the building uninhabitable. There were no injuries in the fire reported at 11:20 a.m., when firefighters were told a bedroom was on fire. Johnstown Fire Chief Bruce Heberer said the bulk of fire damage was confined to the upstairs bedroom, but the much of the two-story home sustained smoke and water damage. Firefighters had to smash ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement