Gazette Photo Contest - Rules
- The contest is open only to amateur photographers residing in Albany, Fulton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady and Schoharie Counties. Anyone is eligible except employees of The Daily Gazette Co. or their families. Anyone involved in any manner of professional photography is not eligible.
- Pictures taken after July 1, 2011 are the only ones eligible. Black-and-white or color photos are welcome, but all must be submitted digitally. No prints will be accepted.
- A photo may only be entered in one category.
- Composite pictures, multiple exposures or printing and montages are not acceptable.
- To be eligible, photos must be submitted digitally by noon Wednesday for each of the five weekly contests. Digital photos must be submitted via the form available at our website at www.dailygazette.com
- Twelve finalists in each category: six will be selected via online voting and six by The Gazette editorial staff. Online voting will run from midnight Wednesday through midnight Sunday each week. You do not need to be a subscriber to our online website to enter the contest or vote. Final judging to select the weekly first-place winners, as well as honorable mentions, will be done by Gazette photographers and editors, with all entries judged on general interest, composition, technical merit and appeal. Photographic quality, while important, will not be the deciding factor.
- The contest grand prize winner will be selected from among the five weekly winners by Gazette staff.
- Prizes: Winners in the five weekly contests will each receive $50. The grand prize winner, to be announced Sept. 19, will receive $200.
- Entries submitted to The Gazette Photo Contest become the property of The Gazette Newspapers. Any taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be redeemed by 12/31/12.
- Entrants may submit up to five pictures in any judging period.
- Entrants may win only once during the course of the weekly contests.
- Questions regarding the contest should be directed to Mark Robarge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 395-3912.
- All entries for the 2012 Gazette photo contest can be viewed at www.dailygazette.com/2012photo. All winning photos will be published in The Daily Gazette.
Back to entry form.