Comments by FrankLowe
Posted on October 16 at 5:40 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Ms. Rembert, Are you serious???? You ask "why are employers "allowed" to fire people? I'll give you an easy answer, because the employer calls the shots, not the employee. If owning and running a business is so easy, why don't all these "poor innocent" employees go start their own business.
By the way, what exactly does a community activist do, besides becoming the worst president we've ever had.
Posted on October 12 at 8:56 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Mr Keller, In what abstract universe could anyone possibly use Obama's name to sell anything? Even Democrats currently campaigning run for cover at the mention of his name, let alone align themselves with him.
Regarding the subject of your piece, I notice you didn't mention the current governor of New York.....city.
From: Astorino is no Roosevelt
Posted on July 25 at 7:03 a.m. (Suggest removal)
I'm not a fan of Tonko's positions on most of the issues, I've never voted for him and I don't plan to in November, however this is petty. Let's stick to the issues, like Tonko's support of the disastrous policies of the Obama administration.
Posted on March 16 at 9:57 a.m. (Suggest removal)
1. There is no policy that "allows" us to drive on federal highways, these highways were built due to the efforts of hardworking taxpayers and belong to us, not the government.
2. While the rank and file boots on the ground members of our military are no doubt the finest, the pentagon is a bloated corrupt government agency full of connected fat cats who care nothing for our fighting men and women. Their only care is how line their pockets with our money.
3. The EPA is in no way responsible and has no oversight over the food we eat. That would be the USDA. The EPA is nothing but a gravy train for the government, extorting dollars of big businesses that can afford it, and using nazi like tactics against small businesses and individuals to trample private property rights and discourage any kind of entrepeneurial endeavor.
4. If you really think that the unmitigated disaster called Obamacare has helped small business in any way, why don't you just go and open small business and see how that works out for you.
5. Dollar for dollar, blue states are at the bottom of barrel as far as education, with NY being dead last.
6. A little research would show you that every major advance in modern medicine has come from the United States private sector. Can you tell me of any major advances that have come from countries with socialized medicine? While we're at it, how many of these countries with "free" healthcare have little or no military of their own, because we protect them free of charge?
7. Trickle down works very well, if people choose to get out of bed every morning and participate in it.
We are the UNITED STATES of America, not the United state of America. There is not now nor will there ever be an economic model showing that centralized government benefits anyone other than the wanna be dictators who advocate for it. The most recent example of course being the European Union which fell apart before it got off the ground. The indisputable failed economies of the blue states, and the booming economies of the red states are proof alone government intervention is nothing but an anchor.
Posted on February 16 at 6:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)
As an online reader of many newspapers, I find the Gazette's website very well structured and easy to navigate. Why change what's not broken?
Posted on February 15 at 8:58 p.m. (Suggest removal)
ChuckD, If their lifestyle is being subsidized in the form of Obamacare, food stamps, section 8, etc, etc, etc, then I don't need to "suggest", I'm stating a fact that they're not earning their keep. And if you're intelligent enough to read the opinion page and offer comment, then you know very well who pays for this. The government doesn't have money, the only way it can subsidize those who choose not to earn their keep, is to take from those who do choose to do so.
Posted on February 15 at 5:32 p.m. (Suggest removal)
ChuckD, who exactly pays for those who just don't feel like earning their keep?
Posted on January 25 at 9:36 a.m. (Suggest removal)
You rambled on, but failed to mention one of Hillary Clinton's accomplishments. I'll fill in the blanks for you.
At 27 years old, she was fired from her position as a Watergate investigator for being a liar, and unethical.
1978-1980 She was a governors wife, is that an accomplishment?
1978-1979 She made a profit of of about $100,000 on an investment of $6,300 in cattle futures on the advise of James Blair, then corporation council to Tyson Foods. Now that's an accomplishment, if you don't factor in insider trading laws that were broken.
1978-1994 The events of the Whitewater scandal and Madison Bank & Trust are far to detailed to list here. Her only accomplishment here is not being convicted of multiple felonies
1982-1992 She was a governors wife again. Same question as above.
1992-2000 She was the presidents wife. Is that an accomplishment?
1993 She presided over a secretive panel attempting an Obamacare style healthcare reform, which backfired, and even caused litigation. Considering the disaster that Obamacare has proven to be, is this an accomplishment?
2001-2009 Carpetbagging Junior Senator from NY. Missed 9.5% of roll call votes, far above the senate average of 2%. Of 337 bills introduced by her, only 2 became law, that's 2 over seven years. Describing her terms in the U.S. Senate as lackluster is still giving her far too much credit. Any accomplishments here?
2009-2012 Secretary of State. In the 2008 Democratic presidential primaries, Hillary ran an ad saying " If the phone rings at 3am, who do you want to answer it. On her watch as SECSTATE, Chris Stevens called for help at 3am and no one answered. As a result 4 Americans included Ambassador Stevens were murdered. Hillary's response on Jan 23, 2013 to Chairman Johnson, Senate Foreign Relations Committee, "What difference does it make"
Under her leadership of the State Dept, our relationship with Russia has soured, while Russia's relationship with rogue nations such as Iran and Syria has grown. China has flexed it's military might to the point where Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and other Southeast Asian countries are more than concerned for their safety and security. The jolly little pumpkin boy who rules North Korea is on the verge of a nuclear weapon, as is also Iran. Are these accomplishments?
As a side note, a persons last name should in no way qualify them for office. We don't need anymore Clintons, Bushes, Cuomos, Kennedys, or any of the other political dynasty families that exist today. It's time for new blood across the board.
Posted on January 19 at 1:48 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Gazette reader, you failed to mention Iowa's average per pupil K-12 cost of $7,491.00 per year as opposed to New York's K-12 average per pupil cost of ...... are you ready for this... $19,076.00 per year which consequently is the highest in the country. National average is $10,560.00, with NY being the highest, and Utah being the lowest at $6212.00. Facts are still facts even if you choose to ignore them.
Can anyone explain why Iowa has the highest graduation rate in the nation at almost 1/3 the cost per pupil of New York? I can't wait to hear the lame excuses.
Posted on January 12 at 7:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Great piece Dan. I agree with every word