Cuomo cuts through budget
Gov. Andrew Cuomo made 202 line item vetoes to the state budget late Wednesday night.
I haven't gone through the vetoes yet, but the entire list is available below.
According to the sate Division of Budget the vetoes were for the following reason:
- Three were added back improperly
- Eight were unconstitutional alterations where the original appropriation will remain
- Four were new "007" member items, which come from repurposed member items
- One was a duplicate item
- Eleven were spent for intended purpose and contractual obligations meant
- One hundred twenty were cashed out and no money was left for program
- Fortyfive were items first appropriated in 2005 or earlier for which disbursements have not been made since 2005
- Ten were for federal items where federal funding has expired
Follow @poozer87 on Twitter for more budget news.