Cuomo outlines regionalized casino plan
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has started to define his vision for three upstate casinos during an announcement this morning at the Capitol.
- Tax rates for casinos will be competitively determined by bids from potential casino operators
- Only casinos located at sites of racinos will have to contribute to horsemen, breeders and racing purses
- There are six possible regions competing for three casinos, with each region able to get one casino. )A map of the regions is available below)
-If an Indian tribe, which has a casino, is in good standing with the state, a new casino will not be placed in that region.
- Potential casino proposals will be vetted by a temporary select committee
- A majority of the select committee will not be appointed from the state Legislature
Follow @poozer87 on Twitter.