Free ears of corn on Saturday
Do you like fresh corn on the cob?
How about free fresh corn on the cob?
The Upper Union Street farmers market in Schenectady will offer a free ear of freshly steamed corn on the cob to all comers this Saturday.
Remember, that’s one free ear of corn for each person. Obviously you can purchase more.
The farmers market operates from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in the Upper Union Street Business Improvement District public parking lot off Woodland Avenue between Union Street and Eastern Parkway.
Restaurants to mark Travers Week with prix-fixe menu
From Aug. 19 to Aug. 23, you can have a three-course dinner for $18.64 at more than 50 restaurants in the Capital Region.
The occasion is the third annual Travers 1864 Restaurant Week in honor of the oldest major stakes horse race in the country for 3-year-olds.
The $18.64 fixed price is in recogniton of the first year the Travers was run in 1864.
The 143rd edition of the Travers is set for Saturday, Aug. 25, at the Saratoga Race Course.
Here’s the list of participating restaurants so far.
• Angelo’s Tavolo in Scotia
• Aperitivo Bistro in Schenectady
• Bangkok Bistro in Schenectady
• Bangkok Bistro in Colonie
• Bellini’s in Clifton Park
• Bookmakers in Saratoga Springs
• Buca di Beppo in Colonie
• Café Nola in Schenectady
• Cella Bistro in Schenectady
• Charlton Tavern in Charlton
• Chez Pierre Restaurant in Wilton
• Circus Café in Saratoga Springs
• Cornell’s Restaurant in Schenectady
• Dunham’s Bay Resort on the East Side of Lake George
• Elizabeth’s Table in Saratoga Springs
• Grandma’s Pies and Restaurant in Colonie
• Home Style Caterers in Schenectady
• Jack’s Oyster House in Albany
• La Serre in Albany
• Loca Luna Bar & Grille in Ballston Spa
• Manhattan Exchange in Schenectady
• Marché in Albany
• Market Restaurant (Albany Marriott) in Albany
• Marotta’s Bar-Risto in Schenectady
• Milano in Latham
• Nové Italian Restaurant in Wilton
• The Olde Post Grille in Lake George
• Paolo Lombardi’s in Wynantskill
• Peaches Café at Stuyvesant Plaza in Guilderland
• Provence at Stuyvesant Plaza in Guilderland
• Quintessence in Malta
• Ravenous in Saratoga Springs
• The Ripe Tomato in Malta
• Sabina’s Wood Fire Restaurant in Saratoga Springs
• Simpson’s at The Desmond in Albany
• Stockade Inn in Schenectady
• Stoney’s Irish Grill in Schenectady
• Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant in Schenectady
• Tesoro in Guilderland
• The Finish Line in Ballston Spa
• The Vista Restaurant in Clifton Park
• Waters Edge Lighthouse Restaurant in Glenville
• Wheatfields in Clifton Park
• Wheatfields in Saratoga Springs
• Wine and Roses in Broadalbin
• Valentino’s in Amsterdam
• Van Dyck Restaurant and Lounge in Schenectady
The $18.64 price may not include tax, gratuity and beverage.
PHOTO: U.S. Department of Agriculture