I’ve been driving around a lot, and listening to the radio. Here are five new songs I like quite a bit:
5. “Suit & Tie” by Justin Timberlake, featuring Jay-Z — I’ve been kind of late getting on the Justin Timberlake bandwagon, although I’ve always enjoyed “SexyBack.” Anyway, “Suit & Tie” is not as good as “Sexyback,” but it’s still pretty fun — pop music with a bit of a kick.
4. “Diane Young” by Vampire Weekend — I’ve been waiting and waiting for Vampire Weekend to put out new music. And finally they have! Anyway, “Diane Young” is a good song, I’m happy to listen to it whenever it comes on the radio and I’m eagerly awaiting the release of more music from their upcoming album, “Modern Vampires of the City.”
3. “Strictly Reserved For You” by Charles Bradley — Charles Bradley is an old-school soul singer in his mid-60s; I saw him when he opened for Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings at The Egg a few years back. It’s a treat to hear Bradley, who sounds evokes the energy and raw emotion of soul greats such as James Brown.
2. “This Disorder” by The Features — I’m really digging this catchy, extremely danceable new song from the Southern rock band The Features, who play the Tulip Festival on Saturday. I normally avoid the Tulip Fest, but The Features and headliners Silversun Pickups might just lure me up there.
1. “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk, featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers — This is my early candidate for Summer’s Best Earworm — a sexually charged anthem that should generate the same kind of enthusiasm among listeners as “Forget You” by Cee Lo Green. Anyway, this song is catchy, smooth and tons of fun.
Got a comment? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.