I‚Äôve been driving around a lot, and listening to the radio. Here are five new songs I like quite a bit:
5. ‚ÄúSuit & Tie‚ÄĚ by Justin Timberlake, featuring Jay-Z ‚ÄĒ I‚Äôve been kind of late getting on the Justin Timberlake bandwagon, although I‚Äôve always enjoyed ‚ÄúSexyBack.‚ÄĚ Anyway, ‚ÄúSuit & Tie‚ÄĚ is not as good as ‚ÄúSexyback,‚ÄĚ but it‚Äôs still pretty fun ‚ÄĒ pop music with a bit of a kick.
4. ‚ÄúDiane Young‚ÄĚ by Vampire Weekend ‚ÄĒ I‚Äôve been waiting and waiting for Vampire Weekend to put out new music. And finally they have! Anyway, ‚ÄúDiane Young‚ÄĚ is a good song, I‚Äôm happy to listen to it whenever it comes on the radio and I‚Äôm eagerly awaiting the release of more music from their upcoming album, ‚ÄúModern Vampires of the City.‚ÄĚ
3. ‚ÄúStrictly Reserved For You‚ÄĚ by Charles Bradley ‚ÄĒ Charles Bradley is an old-school soul singer in his mid-60s; I saw him when he opened for Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings at The Egg a few years back. It‚Äôs a treat to hear Bradley, who sounds evokes the energy and raw emotion of soul greats such as James Brown.
2. ‚ÄúThis Disorder‚ÄĚ by The Features ‚ÄĒ I‚Äôm really digging this catchy, extremely danceable new song from the Southern rock band The Features, who play the Tulip Festival on Saturday. I normally avoid the Tulip Fest, but The Features and headliners Silversun Pickups might just lure me up there.
1. ‚ÄúGet Lucky‚ÄĚ by Daft Punk, featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers ‚ÄĒ This is my early candidate for Summer‚Äôs Best Earworm ‚ÄĒ a sexually charged anthem that should generate the same kind of enthusiasm among listeners as ‚ÄúForget You‚ÄĚ by Cee Lo Green. Anyway, this song is catchy, smooth and tons of fun.
Got a comment? Email me at email@example.com.