NFL Pregame Shows Week 3 Sound Bites: NFL Network's 'NFL Total Access Kickoff'
Here are the sound bites from NFL Network's "NFL Total Access Kickoff" pregame show. The quotes are provided by the NFL Network PR department.
One-on-One – Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Michael Vick with Deion Sanders
Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders sat down with Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick
On the one word to describe his emotions when Andy Reid got fired:
On not being handed the starting quarterback job by new head coach Chip Kelly:
“The only thing I could say, instead of being shocked and appalled, was ‘Coach I am not afraid of a challenge.’ Right then and there, I kind of talked myself into it and I wanted it.”
On if throwing for 428 yards against the San Diego Chargers is about Chip Kelly:
“It is more about the system we run. That happened in the second game running this offense. I haven’t even been in this offense for four or five games yet. Getting a feel for the way Chip calls plays, what he likes to do, I am still getting use to that. I am still creating an understanding, but he makes it clear.”
On him appearing to be happy again:
“I am having fun playing for Chip, having fun in this offense. I never envisioned being in an offense like this at this stage of my career. It is taking me back [to college.] I feel like my body is in shape for it.”
On putting on some weight:
“[I put on] seven pounds of muscle. It is understanding if I am going to play 16 games and be durable, I have to put on that extra weight.”
On not having played 16 games since 2006:
“I am going to play 16 games. Playing reckless, playing carless – you know when I play I give it a 110%, I give it everything, I give it my all to the game of football – but I have to understand it is more important for me to be on the field with my team then try to pull out the extra three or four yards to get a first down.”
To watch the interview, click here
Kansas City Chiefs – Philadelphia Eagles Pregame Quotes:
- “Michael Vick is in a place in his life, personally and professionally, he has never been in before. He has matured into a man. He loves coming to work, he enjoys the job again.” – Deion Sanders on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick
- “Alex Smith can no longer play ball control. He is going to have to push the ball down the field. He is capable.” – Sterling Sharpe on Kansas City quarterback Alex Smith and the Chiefs offensive plan tonight
- “Andy and I were like a father-son deal. He drafted me and we matured together. Andy stayed patient with me, letting me grow as a quarterback and, by year three, I was finishing his sentences and calling plays out there on the field I know he was thinking about.” – Former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb on his relationship with former Eagles head coach Andy Reid
- “Michael Vick will light it up with his legs tonight.” – Deion Sanders on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback performance tonight, coming off a 428 yard passing effort.
- “Alex Smith is sneaky athletic.” – Mike Mayock on Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith
- “We must point out their blocking. Whenever you see a man with a football, it is body on body, blocking their man, precisely.” – Deion Sanders on an underrated key to the Philadelphia Eagles success on offense.
- “I give Alex Smith all the credit [for Chiefs success.] They were the worst team in the NFL in the red zone [last year]. Right now, they are five for five in the red zone.” – Michael Irvin on who gets the credit for the Chiefs 2-0 start and turnaround from last year.
Quick NFL Quotes:
- “The Colts offensive line is having issues because they can’t run the football. [The trade] this will help the Colts offensive line with pass blocking because now you have to respect the run.” – Marshall Faulk on the Indianapolis Colts acquiring running back Trent Richardson
- "I talked to [Cleveland Browns offensive tackle] Joe Thomas a little bit earlier. He said, 'Hey look, we are all on the trading block now.'" – Mike Silver on the mindset inside the Cleveland Browns locker room
- “This is a team that cannot win football games without the added element that Robert Griffin provides them in the rushing game.” – Michael Irvin on the Washington Redskins
On NFL.com the following video clips from Craftsman Presents NFL Total Access Kickoff are available for viewing:
Will Andy Reid get booed in Philadelphia? – Will Andy Reid receive boos from the Philadelphia fan base as he makes his return as the Kansas City Chiefs head coach? Click here
NFL Teams reacting to Chip Kelly’s fast-paced offense: NFL Media columnist Mike Silver discusses how the league is reacting to the Philadelphia Eagles’ high-speed offense: Click here
Why he loves football: NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders tells the story of what football means to him: Click here