Canajoharie school officials are expecting to cut more than $37,000 from spending proposed in the 2008-09 budget turned down by voters last month.
School District Superintendent Richard G. Rose said the board of education scheduled a June 10 meeting with plans to adopt a contingency budget for the upcoming school year.
In a vote of 319 to 284, residents voted down the district’s $17.71 million proposal that cut five positions and proposed a 3 percent property tax increase. Spending in the proposal was estimated to increase by 4.38-percent.
According to district literature, a contingency budget would total $17.67 million and cut the spending increase down to 4.16 percent.
Areas of spending to be targeted include equipment purchases, non-school related use of school buildings, transportation for non-league sporting events, transportation for students living within the village and instructional and non-instructional positions.
Rose said details of the contingency budget would be available at the 7 p.m. meeting in the High School on June 10.
More from The Daily Gazette:
Categories: Schenectady County