The owner of Northern Lights said today the popular nightclub will reopen Monday with a benefit dance for the Saratoga ARC.
Kip Finck said the club sustained about $7,000 in smoke and water damage from a June 13 fire and an additional $40,000 in damages when firefighters went through the necessary steps to trace the path of the blaze. After deductibles, Finck said the bulk of the costs will be paid by insurance.
“They had to knock down walls, but fortunately the fire was contained to one area,” Finck said.
The fire was sparked by a malfunctioning cooler beneath the bar, setting off interior sprinklers. No one was in the building at the time and no injuries were reported.
Finck said most of his staff of four full-time and 14 part-time employees, as well as neighbors and fellow business owners, pitched in on cleanup efforts, including stripping the walls of decorations to scrub away the soot, tossing out charred debris, replacing ceiling tiles and repairing walls. Finck said they filled several dumpsters with damaged furniture and building materials.
“We’re in good shape now,” Finck said. “We’re having a professional cleaning crew come in Wednesday and Thursday to clean the soot from higher places like the rafters. We were due to change around our setup in here anyway, so this came at a relatively good time.”
The club will celebrate its 10th anniversary in July with a slate of live concerts to be announced soon.
More from The Daily Gazette: