SARATOGA SPRINGS — Jim Dandy winner Stay Thirsty was installed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite for the 142nd Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course on Saturday.
Mechanicville native Chad Brown will saddle his first-ever Travers starter, Bowman’s Causeway, who is 12-1.
Preakness winner Shackleford is 9-2 and will break from post No. 10 in the 10-horse field, and Belmont Stakes winner Ruler On Ice is 6-1.
Here’s the complete draw, in post-position order, with trainer and jockey in parentheses and odds:
1. Bowman’s Causeway (Chad Brown, Ramon Dominguez), 12-1
2. Rattlesnake Bridge (Kiaran McLaughlin, John Velazquez), 8-1
3. Moonshine Mullin (Reade Baker, Emma-Jayne Wilson), 20-1
4. Ruler On Ice (Kelly Breen, Jose Valdivia), 6-1
5. Malibu Glow (George Weaver, Rajiv Maragh), 20-1
6. Raison d’Etat (Bill Mott, Eddie Castro), 10-1
7. Coil (Bob Baffert, Martin Garcia), 3-1
8. J W Blue (Tony Dutrow, Cornelio Velasquez), 20-1
9. Stay Thirsty (Todd Pletcher, Javier Castellano), 5-2
10. Shackleford (Dale Romans, Jesus Castanon), 9-2
All will carry 126 pounds.