A Saratoga County grand jury has indicted a 64-year-old Wilton man on charges of first- and second-degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon for allegedly stabbing another man after a road-rage incident on Sept. 10 in the town of Wilton.
Frank Soriano of Damascus Drive was driving on Northern Pines Road at Carr Road when police say he rammed the back of a car driven by Jeffrey Streicher, 42, of Gloversville about 5:30 p.m. After pulling to the side of the road, both men began fighting and Soriano stabbed Streicher with a T-handled dagger several times, state police said.
Streicher was airlifted to Albany Medical Center Hospital for treatment of the stab wounds. He has recovered from the wounds after surgery. Soriano, who was indicted on Sept. 27, has been released on bail after pleading not guilty to the charges and awaits further court action.
In other county court cases this week:
– Adam J. Weaver, 25, of Waterville pleaded guilty to a charge of third-degree grand larceny in connection with an incident April 12, 2010 in the town of Ballston. He will be sentenced Dec. 1.
– Jay Cristaldi, 49, of Route 50 in Gansevoort pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree forgery stemming from a April, 2011, incident in Saratoga Springs. He will be sentenced on Nov. 18.
– Ricky C. Guidry, 41, of Harrison Street in Saratoga Springs was sentenced to one year in Saratoga County Jail by county Judge Jerry J. Scarano after earlier pleading guilty to first-degree unlawful imprisonment stemming from an incident April 22 in Halfmoon.
– Robert Gerber, 49, of Lake George pleaded guilty to felony driving while intoxicated stemming from a Dec. 10, 2010, incident in Wilton. He will be sentenced in December.
– Connor Phelps, 19, of Hermance Road in Galway pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree criminal sexual act stemming from an incident June 6 in Galway. He will be sentenced in December.
– Samantha Mitchell, 28, of Fortsville Road in Moreau pleaded guilty to aggravated DWI with a child in the vehicle stemming from an incident in Moreau on July 22. She will be sentenced Nov. 18.
– Michael J. “Fats” Morrill, 33, of Walter Drive in Saratoga Springs was sentenced to three years in state prison and three years of post-release supervision after earlier pleading guilty to a charge of attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance stemming from an arrest on June 1, 2010, in Saratoga Springs.
– Jason S. Irwin, 39, of Glens Falls pleaded guilty to a charge of felony DWI after being arrested in Halfmoon on May 26. He will be sentenced in December.
– Maria M. Ruiz, 47, of Route 29 in Middle Grove was sentenced to one year in state prison and one year of post-release supervision after pleading guilty earlier in the year to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance.
– Paul M. Hildenbrandt, 33, of Sunset Avenue in Mechanicville was sentenced to six months in county jail and five years’ probation after pleading guilty earlier to a charge of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
– Bradford C. Bayer, 24, of Maple Avenue in Saratoga Springs was sentenced to five years’ probation after pleading guilty earlier to second-degree attempted criminal sale of marijuana stemming from an April 2010 arrest.
– Mark C. DuPont, 35, of West Avenue in Saratoga Springs was sentenced to five days in county jail and five years’ probation and the installation of an ignition interlock device onto his vehicle after he pleaded guilty earlier to a charge of felony DWI after a Feb. 20 arrest in Saratoga Springs.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: