A video threatening a Niskayuna High School student posted Tuesday is related to two similar videos posted last week, police confirmed Wednesday.
The new video also prompted a new letter home to parents late Tuesday from the Niskayuna High School principal, telling parents of the new video and updating them on the investigation and the involvement of the FBI in the search for whoever posted the videos.
Niskayuna Police Chief John Lubrant would only say Wednesday “there appears to be a third video.”
In the letter home late Tuesday, high school principal John Rickert wrote to parents that he became aware of the third video at Tuesday evening’s Board of Education meeting.
Rickert describes the video as “another video.” However, Superintendent Susan Kay Salvaggio said at Tuesday night’s board meeting that Rickert indicated to her the video was an old one, reposted.
Rickert wrote that he alerted police, who said they were also aware of it.
The high school has been on alert since the first video surfaced last Thursday. Police have said the three students identified as targets of the threat learned of the first video from e-mails. The e-mails directed them to the video, posted on the online video service YouTube. Police described the videos as threatening in nature.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: