Categories: Schenectady County
A Ballston Spa man was indicted Monday on rape charges.
David Acevedo, 20, of 4 Legend Lane, was indicted in Saratoga County Court on felony counts of first- and third-degree rape and first-degree sexual abuse, as well as misdemeanor charges of sexual misconduct, second-degree sexual abuse, endangering the welfare of a child and unlawfully dealing with a child.
The alleged incident occurred in January in Saratoga Springs.
Also in Saratoga County Court recently:
• Donald Henderson, 44, of 26 Bensonhurst Ave., Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Tuesday to five years’ probation for his guilty plea to felony attempted criminal mischief and misdemeanor driving while intoxicated. In March 2011, Henderson was accused of leading state police on a chase starting in Mayfield. They used a helicopter to track him and eventually caught up to him in Malta, but not before his 1995 GMC backed into one of the police cars.
• Aaron Buckner, 36, of 187 Washington St., Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Tuesday to six weekends in the Saratoga County jail for failing to report an address change within 10 days as a registered sex offender. He was arrested in November. Buckner is a Level 2 sex offender because of a 1995 conviction of attempted rape of a 33-year-old woman at knifepoint in Peekskill.
• Michael Zakrzewski, 35, of 230 West Ave., Room 36 at the Adirondack Inn in Saratoga Springs, was indicted Monday on felony criminal possession of stolen property for an alleged incident in February in Saratoga Springs.
• Laurie Marie Torres, 47, of 49 Bath St., Ballston Spa, who also goes by the last names Cannelli, Dintsch and Napoleon, was indicted Monday on one count of criminal possession of a forged instrument from an alleged incident in February in Ballston Spa.
• Anthony Balsamo II, 27, of 1 Barclay Square, Moreau, pleaded guilty Monday to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance. He was charged in March in Moreau; sentencing is slated for October.
• Peter J. Helm, 28, of 9 Seventh St., Apt. 3, Corinth, was sentenced Thursday to 11⁄2 to three years in state prison for fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He pleaded guilty in July after being arrested in October in Corinth.
• Bruce C. Albert, 57, of 52 Zephyr Lane, Apt. 6, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Aug. 7 to nine months in the Saratoga County jail on a first-degree criminal contempt charge. He pleaded guilty in June for a March incident in Saratoga Springs.
• Justin P. Rock, 27, of the Saratoga County jail, was sentenced Aug. 7 to 11⁄2 to three years in prison and ordered to pay $687.38 in restitution for attempted criminal possession of a forged instrument. He was charged in October in Ballston Spa.
• Darin E. Davis, 42, of 122 Tallow Wood Drive, Clifton Park, was sentenced to six months in the Saratoga County jail on a felony charge of unlawful surveillance in the second degree. State police in Clifton Park charged Davis in October, and he pleaded guilty in May.