A Saratoga Springs man has been sentenced to up to four years in prison after pleading guilty to third-degree burglary in the theft of more than $14,000 from a residence at McGregor Villas on Carr Road in Wilton.
James D. Stephens, 23, of Lincoln Avenue, was sentenced to 11⁄3 to four years by Saratoga County Judge Jerry J. Scarano in Saratoga County Court last week after pleading to the burglary charge earlier this summer. Stephens must also pay $15,500 in restitution in addition to the prison time, according to court records.
The burglary happened Feb. 3 and was investigated by the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office.
In other County Court cases:
• Eugene A. Bowling Jr., 31, of Rock City Road, Milton, was sentenced to 3 to 6 years in prison and ordered to pay $4,902 in restitution for a burglary on Aug. 28, 2011, in the town of Wilton. Bowling Jr. pleaded guilty to third-degree burglary in May.
• Akiva D. Abraham, 47, of Miller Road, Rexford, pleaded guilty to third-degree grand larceny on Thursday in connection with incidents from April 2007 through October 2008 in the town of Clifton Park. He will be sentenced in October.
• Clinton L. King, 52, of Route 50, Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty Tuesday to first-degree attempted burglary for a May 3 attempted burglary in the town of Ballston. He will be sentenced in October.
• Jacob Schultz, 23, of Ormsbee Road, Porter Corners, pleaded guilty possessing a sexual performance by a child. He was arrested in February in the town of Greenfield by state police. He will be sentenced in October.
• Anthony J. Volino Jr., 36, of Wintergreen Avenue, Queensbury, pleaded guilty to first-degree criminal contempt after being arrested in the town of Halfmoon on June 28 by the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office. He will be sentenced Sept. 21.
• Darryl K. Munger, 52, of Kobor Road, Gansevoort, pleaded guilty to attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance after being arrested Feb. 21 in the town of Northumberland by state police. He will be sentenced in October.
• Donald R. Henderson, 44, of Bensonhurst Avenue, Saratoga Springs, pleaded guilty to attempted criminal mischief and driving while intoxicated in June and has been sentenced to five years probation on the attempted criminal mischief charge and ordered to install a ignition interlock alcohol sensor device on his car. He was also sentenced in Saratoga Town Court to one year in the Saratoga County jail for operating a motor vehicle without a court-ordered ignition interlock device.
• David M. Adams, 56, of Holly’s Folly, Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated after being arrested by state police on March 23 in Malta. He will be sentenced in October.
• Frank A. Scaglione Jr., 38, of Route 4, Schuylerville, was sentenced to eight months in the Saratoga County jail for violating terms of his probation in connection with a felony DWI conviction in July 2011.
• Billie Jo Parker, 37, of Gordon Lane, Wilton, pleaded guilty to attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance after being arrested by sheriff’s deputies in June. She will be sentenced in October.
• Kathleen C. Freeman, 59, of 1 S. Federal St., Saratoga Springs, pleaded guilty to third-degree attempted sale of a controlled substance after being arrested by Saratoga Springs police in February. She will be sentenced in October.
• Andre M. Clark, 36, of McClellan Street, Schenectady, pleaded guilty to criminal sale of marijuana after being arrested July 20, 2011, in the town of Clifton Park by state police. He will be sentenced in October.
• Tyler J. Grennon, 32, of Eastline Road, Ballston Lake, pleaded guilty to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance after being arrested by state police in Malta in January. He will be sentenced in October.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: