One firefighter was injured this afternoon after a window from a burning house on Delamont Avenue fell on him.
The fire broke out about 5:15 p.m. in a two-story, two-family house at 923 Delamont Ave. The fire started in a bedroom in the upstairs apartment, according to Deputy Fire Chief Raymond Senecal. A mother and child home at the time got out safely, he said.
The firefighter suffered minor injuries and was taken to Ellis Hospital as a precautionary measure, Senecal said. There were no other injuries.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: