The 3-year-old girl who was badly burned in a fire Wednesday morning has died, Albany Fire Chief Robert Forezzi confirmed this morning.
Amari Vanness died at a Boston hospital after suffering burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire started Wednesday morning at 20 Benson St. at around 11:30 a.m., with the girl being pulled from the house by fire crews. EMS personnel performed CPR on the girl after she was pulled from her bedroom.
She was taken to Albany Medical Center and then to a burn center in Boston for treatment.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: