A water-main break has prompted a boil-water order for portions of Glenville, county officials said this morning.
The order was issued by the county Department of Environmental Health as a precautionary measure in response to the break.
Residents in the following areas must boil water before use for drinking or culinary purposes, according to the order:
–Sacandaga Road, from Ridge Road to North Road.
–Bolt Road, from Sacandaga Road up to and including 629 Bolt Road.
–Snake Hill Road, from Sacandaga Road up to and including 63 Snake Hill Road.
–North Road, from Sacandaga Road, up to and including 742 North Road.
–All of Van Voast Lane, Ridge Road, Maura Lane, Dawson Road, Church Road, Rector Road and 221 Goldfoot Road.
Customers in those areas have been issued notifications of the break and order.
Residents are to bring water to a boil, let it boil for one minute, then let it cool before using, or use bottled water certified for sale by the state Department of Health.
Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation. Boiling kills most bacteria and other organisms in the water.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette: