Big bands and big crowds return to downtown Albany on Saturday, for the 35th annual LarkFest.
The annual autumn party will begin at 10 a.m. and run until 6 p.m. It is being presented by The Lark Street Business Improvement District.
Headliners for this year’s festival are:
• The Relationship — founded in 2007 by Weezer guitarist Brian Bell. In 2010, Bell released the first Relationship album and has since performed and recorded with a revolving cast of players and collaborators. The band is based in Los Angeles.
• Ought — the Canadian rock band from Montreal formed in 2012.
• Lower Dens — American indie pop band from Baltimore that formed in 2010 and features Jana Hunter.
• Delicate Steve — Led by multi-instrumentalist Steve Marion, the New Jersey outfit is a mix of progressive rock, folk-twang, African rhythms, surf rock and 1970s pop.
• Televisionaries — From Rochester, the band mixes psychedelic, punk and surf rock.
Twelve local bands will join the headliners and perform on three stages. The complete schedule is:
At Spring Street:
• Revival! Revival! 12:15-12:45 p.m.
• Delicate Steve, 1:15-2 p.m.
• Televisionaries, 2:30-3 p.m.
• Ought, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
• Neighborhood of Make Believe, 4:45-5:15 p.m.
At the Trinity Lot:
• Cannon the Brave, 11-11:30 a.m.
• Pinesheets, Noon-12:30 p.m.
• Hammer Hawk, 1-1:30 p.m.
• Throat Culture, 2-2:30 p.m.
• Slowshine, 3-3:30 p.m.
• Mr. Everyday & Past Life Entertainment, 4-4:45 p.m.
• County Mike, 5:15-5:45 p.m.
At Madison Avenue:
• Ryan Leddik Trio, 12:30-1 p.m.
• Gordon St, 1:30-2 p.m.
• Lower Dens, 2:30-3:15 p.m.
• Jouska, 3:45-4:15 p.m.
• The Relationship, 5-5:45 p.m.
About 80,000 people are expected for the downtown party. Visual arts, poetry and food trucks will also be part of the show.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette:
Categories: Entertainment, News