CAPITAL REGION — Memorial Day parades in the Capital Region begin Tuesday night in Delanson.
Services to remember deceased members of the nation’s military also have been scheduled during the next seven days.
In Delanson, the village parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. The Mariaville Volunteer Fire Department will serve as the lead local fire department in the parade and participate in the memorial ceremony after the parade.
The Delanson Fire Department will conduct family-friendly activities before and after the parade.
A list of other Memorial Day parades and services follows:
* SCOTIA – Scotia’s annual salute to service veterans will begin at 6:15 p.m. The parade will feature musicians and active members of the U.S. military and will fill Mohawk Avenue.
* WATERFORD – Waterford’s parade will begin at 7 p.m.
* ROTTERDAM – Rotterdam’s 58th annual Memorial Day parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. The procession will begin at Curry Road and Warrior Path (Mohonasen High School).
* SARATOGA SPRINGS – Saratoga Springs’ parade will be held on Broadway from 6:30 until 8 p.m.
* SCHOHARIE – The annual Schoharie American Legion Auxiliary Memorial Day Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. The lineup for parade participants will start at 5:30 p.m. on Depot Lane, entering the road near the M&S Car Wash.
A Memorial Day ceremony at Veterans Park, located at Main and Spring streets, will follow the parade.
* MOREAU – The Moreau parade will begin at 4:30 p.m. and include a cookout at the Moreau Community Center, 144 Main St., South Glens Falls.
* GREENWICH – The Greenwich parade will begin on Main Street at 6 p.m.
* STILLWATER – Stillwater’s parade will begin at 6 p.m.
* BALLSTON SPA – The Ballston Spa parade will begin at 9 a.m.
A wreath ceremony will take place at the bridge over the Kayadeross Creek to start to procession, which will continue along Milton Avenue to Front Street. The parade will end at Memorial Park on Low Street, next to Ballston Spa Public Library. Speakers will be part of the gathering at the park.
* LAKE GEORGE – Lake George’s parade will begin at 11:30 a.m.
MONDAY, MEMORIAL DAY:
* SCHENECTADY – A ceremony honoring veterans will be held at 10:30 a.m. at Vale Cemetery, 907 State St. The program will include a flag ceremony, the National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, rifle salute and “Taps.”
* ROTTERDAM – A Memorial Day service will be held at 2 p.m. at the Rotterdam Town Hall Monument on Sunrise Boulevard.
* BETHLEHEM – The town’s annual Memorial Day Parade will step off at 11 a.m. from the Nathaniel Adams Blanchard Post No.1040. The parade will follow the usual route from the American Legion on West Poplar Drive to Bethlehem Memorial Park on Delaware Avenue. There have been no changes to the route this year.
* ALBANY – Albany’s parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Central Avenue between Partridge Street and the state Education Building.
* STILLWATER – At Saratoga National Historical Park, the names of men who died in the Battles of Saratoga in 1777 will be read at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Day-long activities will showcase aspects of the American soldier and follower life during the Revolutionary War.
The park is located at 648 Route 32, Stillwater.
* GLEN – The annual parade will start promptly at noon from L.J. Hand Farm Center on State Highway 161 and proceed to the corner of Logtown Road and Route 30A.
* WATERVLIET – Watervliet’s parade will be begin at 10 a.m. at Watervliet High School, 1245 Hillside Drive.
* FONDA-FULTONVILLE – The Fonda-to-Fultonville parade will begin at 9 a.m. and kick off in Fonda at the Montgomery County Office Building. It will follow State Highway 30A, cross the Mohawk River and end at the Soldier and Sailor monument at the intersection of State Highways 30A and 5s in Fultonville.
* GLOVERSVILLE – Gloversville’s parade will begin at 9 a.m. and proceed on North Main Street.