Three people escaped injury Tuesday night when their home in Saratoga Springs caught fire.
Capt. Mike Evans of the Saratoga Springs Fire Department said late Tuesday the fire started shortly after 6 p.m. at the Woodcock residence, 1 Old Schuylerville Road.
The blaze broke out in the basement of the two-story wood frame home; flames were visible when firefighters arrived.
“It was unintentional,” Evans said of the cause. “There was smoke throughout and heat and fire damage to the area of origin in the basement.”
Firefighters from Wilton and Maple Avenue (Greenfield) also were sent to the scene.
“Two women and a man escaped,” Evans said. “They are staying with neighbors. They didn’t need any assistance from the Red Cross.”
Firefighters were at the scene for about two hours.