Sixteen companies in the greater Capital Region have been included on Inc. magazine’s 37th annual ranking of the 5,000 fastest-growing firms in the nation, published Wednesday.
Darn Good Yarn, which recently relocated from Schenectady to Halfmoon, had the top local position on the list: No. 558 with 900-percent growth. The company commissions women in poor nations to make yarn from waste textile material, providing them with otherwise scarce living-wage jobs and providing its customers with unique materials that make a difference in other people’s lives.
Capital Region high-tech firms are well-represented on the list, but a real estate brokerage, a craft-beverage distributor and two market firms also made the cut.
Companies on the 2018 Inc. list are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2014 to 2017. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2014. They must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit and independent as of Dec. 31, 2017. Minimum revenue required is $100,000 in 2014 and $2 million for 2017.
The companies’ statistics are self-reported.
Here are the local companies’ name, percentage growth, industry sector, revenue, location and rank on the list:
- Darn Good Yarn 903% retail $5.4M Halfmoon 558
- The Patient Experience Project 489% advertising/marketing $16.9M Saratoga Springs 1007
- GreyCastle Security 453% cybersecurity $6.1M Troy 1090
- Jahnel Group 448% software $4.2M Schenectady 1104
- Remarkable Liquids 339% food/beverage $17.1M Guilderland 1398
- G&G LED Lighting 337% manufacturing $4.4M Clifton Park 1404
- Deep Blue Communications 190% IT management $25.8M Latham 2310
- Stored Technology Solutions 167% IT management $658.8M Queensbury 2555
- Monolith Solar 152% energy $28.5M Albany 2740
- Keller Williams Realty Capital District 151% real estate $16.1M Latham 2754
- Complete Network 106% IT management $4.1M Albany 3540
- Pure Adapt 96% retail $4.3M Guilderland 3778
- Fingerpaint 77% advertising/marketing $36.0M Saratoga Springs 4338
- 4CITE Marketing 72% software $6.6M Albany 4541
- Airosmith Development 69% telecommunications $8.5M Saratoga Springs 4623
- Knowledge Builders 61% IT management $25.1M Albany 4866