SARATOGA COUNTY — A dozen businesses failed a joint Saratoga County Sheriff-New York State Liquor Authority sting operation focused on the sale of alcohol to underage consumers over the weekend, according to the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office.
The sting tested more than 80 businesses — gas stations, liquor stores and bars — countywide on Friday and Saturday, officials said.
The number of violations was a contrast to a similar sting operation conducted in December that tested 45 businesses and resulted in all of them passing.
The 12 establishments cited were:
- City Sports Grille (Sparetime Bowling Alley), Route 9, Halfmoon
- Speedway, 100 Commerce Drive, Clifton Park
- Speedway, 229 Church Ave., Ballston
- The Whitehouse Restaurant and Bar, 95 Milton Ave., Ballston Spa
- Post Time Wine and Spirits, 170 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Red Cap Mobile, 177 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Humbuggs, 569 Gansevoort Road, Moreau
- Friendly Spirits, Wine & Liquors, 139 Route 9, Moreau
- Tim’s Discount Liquors, 139 Route 9, Moreau
- Jones & 50 Wine and Spirits, 4208 Route 50, Wilton
- Stewarts Shops, 43 Bluebird Road, Moreau
- Gulf Gas Station, 10 Round Lake Road, Malta
The employees who sold the alcoholic beverages to the underage buyer were also cited, officials said, but they were not named in the press release. They were issued appearance tickets and released.
The establishments themselves will face violations, sanctions and fines from the Liquor Authority, officials said.
- Troopers: Saratoga Springs man tosses drug pipe, charged with felony, Feb. 19, 2019
- Feds: Man arrested in Schenectady raid admits to being in U.S. illegally, Feb. 18, 2019
- Prosecutors seek max for ex-Saratoga deputy convicted of child pornography, Feb. 18, 2019