CAPITAL REGION – High winds today have the region under a high wind warning and National Grid crews hopping from outage to outage.
At 3 p.m., National Grid reported 1,700 customers without power in the Clifton Park Center area, with an estimated restoration time of 6:15 p.m. Another 4,000 were without power in a swath through Glenville into Saratoga County and south through Schenectady County.
National Grid’s outage map and estimated restoration times are available on its site: National Grid Outage Map
But exactly how windy has it been? The National Weather Service has the numbers.
Top recorded wind gusts around the region Monday as recorded by the National Weather Service are below. The full list is available at the National Weather Service site.
- 53 mph: Albany International Airport, 12:27 p.m.
- 50: NE of Preston Hollow, 3:45 a.m.
- 51: SSE of Broadalbin, 11:45 a.m.
- 51: ESE of Johnstown, 1:19 p.m.
- 69: ENE of East Springfield, 1:35 p.m.
- 69: Hessville, 7:39 a.m.
- 56: ESE Canajoharie, 1:30 p.m.
- 46: NNW of Milton, 5:14 a.m.
- 58: N of Schenectady, 1:15 p.m.
- 51: SW of Mariaville, 11:30 a.m.
- 56: ESE of Cobleskill, 12:15 p.m.