SARATOGA SPRINGS — City police issued traffic advisories for upcoming congested traffic days.
On Wednesday, 5,000 to 10,000 people are expected to attend the free Saratoga Casino Hotel fireworks show, with traffic volume expected to grow starting at 6 p.m.
Around the same time, over 20,000 are expected to attend the Phish concert at SPAC, which will open its parking lot at 4:30 and its gates at 6 p.m.
- Access to the fireworks show will be via the Nelson Avenue and Crescent Avenue gates. Jefferson Street will be closed from Crescent Street to Crescent Avenue from 6 p.m. until the fireworks crowd dissipates.
- Traffic delays are expected on Crescent Avenue, Nelson Avenue and Route 9 (South Broadway) starting at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
On Thursday, two foot races will complicate vehicle traffic. (There will be no All-American Parade this year.)
The Firecracker 4 Mile Race runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m., starting at Broadway/Ellsworth Jones Place and finishing on Maple Avenue near Ellsworth Jones Place.
- Broadway will be closed from Lake Avenue to Van Dam Street from 8:30 a.m. until race start and closed from Van Dam Street to Circular street for 15 minutes until all runners are clear.
- The Route 50 Arterial will be reduced to one southbound lane and traffic detoured out Van Dam Street from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m.
- Excelsior Springs Avenue will be closed from Victorian Lane to Excelsior Avenue from 9 until 10:30 a.m.
- Excelsior Avenue will be closed from Veterans Way to High Rock Avenue from 9 until 10:30 a.m.
- Maple Avenue will be closed from High Rock Avenue to Lake Avenue from 9 until 10:30 a.m.
- Maple Ave will be closed from Lake Avenue to Rock Street from 6 until 10:30 a.m.
- East Avenue will be closed from Lake Avenue to the Route 50 Arterial from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Also, there will be 10- to 15-minute closures of streets along the course until runners pass.
Also Thursday, the Sparkler Half Mile Kids Race will start at 10:50 a.m. on Broadway in front of City Center and finish at Congress Park.
- Broadway will close from Lake Avenue to Van Dam Street from 10:40 a.m. until the race starts and from VanDam Street to Circular Street from 10:40 a.m. until all runners have entered Congress Park.
- The Route 50 arterial will be reduced to one southbound lane and traffic detoured out Van Dam St from 10:40 to 11:15 a.m.
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette:
Categories: News, Saratoga County