SCHENECTADY – An underage alcohol sales sting Monday resulted in the arrests of five clerks, accused of selling alcohol to minors, Schenectady County Sheriff’s officials said.
In all, investigators checked 18 retail- and convenient-type stores and supermarkets in Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Princetown and Duanesburg.
Thirteen passed and did not sell alcohol to a minor. Checks of the five others – four in Rotterdam and one in Duanesburg – resulted in the clerks selling alcohol to an individual under the age of 21, sheriff’s officials said.
“We’re very pleased that the majority of retail establishment employees did not sell an alcoholic beverage to an underage individual,” Sheriff Dominic Dagostino said in a statement. “Their vigilance adds to the safety of our youth and communities.”
The five establishments whose clerks were cited for selling alcohol in the sting. Each of the clerks faces one count of first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child and sale of an alcohol beverage to a person under the age of 21, officials said.
- Valero/Five Corner, 3060 Broadway, Rotterdam – Joseph Manfredi, of Rotterdam
- Speedway, 1911 Curry Road, Rotterdam – Jason Williams, of Albany
- Runway Express, 1309 Altamont Ave., Rotterdam – Marita Sahibdeen, of Schenectady
- Mobil Mart, 1210 Altamont Ave., Rotterdam – Tammy Teeling, of Rotterdam
- Stewart’s Shop, 5060 Western Turnpike, Duanesburg – Ian Letko, of Cobleskill