The De La Rose Stakes, the day’s seventh race, contains a competitive field in which seven of the nine entrants sport odds no higher than 6-1. A field with so many contenders can make it difficult to eliminate any of them, but not impossible.
Blowout (3-1) would normally check off most boxes for an inner turf, one-mile, stakes race. She has my highest rating in the field, but has not raced since October 18, 2019. Other racers in her situation have only won 17% of their races over all American tracks since 2012.
Bridlewood Cat (1-1) has a history of a dirt sprinter, and is listed as Main Track Only. Even on dirt, her history does not justify the low price. Catch A Bid (9-2) has not demonstrated comparable speed to the top runners, and Viadera (6-1) is approaching a year since her last finish in the money.
Passing Out (7-2) is trending in the right direction, Clara Peeters (5-1) has the running style and the speed to win, and Noor Sahara (4-1) ran well off her layoff, but each has yet to prove it in this class. Of the three, I like Noor Sahara on the strength of the Chad Brown-Irad Ortiz Jr., trainer-jockey combo.
- FIRST RACE: 6-Value Engineering, 1-Prioritize, 5-Bundibunan, 3-Go Poke The Bear.
- SECOND RACE: 1-Dawn’s Early Light, 6-Lorenzen, 11-Imperio D, 10-Brunate.
- THIRD RACE: 4-The Rock Says, 6-Blood Moon, 5-Ghost Game, 3-First Rate.
- FOURTH RACE: 4-Pick Up The Fone, 1-Customerexperience, 2-Leaveuwithasmile, 5-Stunning Munnings.
- FIFTH RACE: 8-Justintimeforwine, 7-Scuttlebuzz, 2-Voliero, 5-Too Early.
- SIXTH RACE: 3-Mission Wrapitup, 8-Big Thicket, 4-Giant Shoes, 7-Vintage Hollywood.
- SEVENTH RACE: 2-Noor Sahara, 9-Blowout, 1-Catch A Bid, 4-Clara Peeters.
- EIGHTH RACE: 2-Olendon, 3-Lady Lawyer, 5-Lady Worthington, 1-Guacamole.
- NINTH RACE: 5-Indian Pride, 2-Risky Mandate, 9-Blamed, 10-Please Flatter Me.
- TENTH RACE: 12-The Postmaster, 11-True Grace, 5-Diannesimpazible, 9-Golconda.
Palace Avenger (third).
Record for meet: 1-for-10.