Friday’s 5 1/2-furlong Grade III Quick Call Stakes will be the featured sprint of a sprint-heavy card. It will also be a rematch, of sorts, of the Sir Cat Stakes, which was run at six furlongs along the inner turf at Belmont on June 19.
The top-three finishers of that race, Jack and Noah (1-1), Turned Aside (2-1) and Old Chestnut (6-1), respectively, are among the entrants in Friday’s ninth race. For Jack and Noah and Turned Aside, this will be their fourth meeting, the previous three of which have been won by the former.
In each of Jack and Noah’s last two wins, he has led at every call, and in his first he was within a length from the start before pulling ahead at the top of the stretch. When he hits the stretch Friday, Turned Aside should be right there with him.
In this meeting, there will be a half-furlong less for them to race, but Turned Aside’s recent workouts suggest he is in top form. I believe he has the ability to finally get the best of Jack and Noah Friday, but if he doesn’t, his next outing might have to be in a field without his rival.
- FIRST RACE: 5-Assume, 4-Hands Up, 6-Vitanza, 8-Wishes And Dreams.
- SECOND RACE: 2-Overtime Olivia, 1-Kinky Sox, 7-Movie Score, 5-Hot Little Honey.
- THIRD RACE: 7-Mo Me Mo My, 2-Peaceful, 6-Voting Agreement, 1-Stop War.
- FOURTH RACE: 8-Blunt Force, 6-Stay Fond, 5-Malarkey, 3-Cold Hearted Pearl.
- FIFTH RACE: 6-Jill’s A Hot Mess, 2-Raffinity, 5-Going Going Gone, 3-Irish Constitution.
- SIXTH RACE: 8-Wild Love, 1-Elle M’A Souri, 6-Coilean Bawn, 4-Lovely Lucky.
- SEVENTH RACE: 8-Snicket, 3-Munnings Muse, 11-Kaz’s Princess, 10-Quantitativbreezin.
- EIGHTH RACE: 9-Strike That, 5-Chateau, 3-Cerretalto, 1-Mount Travers.
- NINTH RACE: 8-Turned Aside, 2-Jack And Noah, 7-Power Up Paynter, 6-Sky Of Hook.
- TENTH RACE: 3-Bricco, 15-The Postmaster, 16-Royal Suspect, 14-K. K. Ichikawa.
Moscato (first), Fresco (fourth), Bertranda (seventh), Financialstability (tenth).
Record for meet: 15-for-61.