Some races do not need to be over-thought. Sunday’s third race, a six-furlong, $45,000 claiming race on the dirt, is a great example of that. Betting chalk is rarely fun, but it is better that second-guessing what should have been a clear choice.
Lady C (9-5) drops in class after a well-run place finish at Saratoga, where she tied her highest Brisnet speed rating to date. This will be her second race at this track, and she should fare even better her second time around.
Pick Up the Fone (5-2) enters the race Sunday with a similar story to that of Lady C, running her second race at Saratoga and coming off a good second place finish. The two are close, but Lady C was just a little quicker last time out.
I tend to like consistent money finishers who are coming off their first bad race, and Rude Awakening (7-2) fits the description. After an eighth-place finish in her first try on turf, she is ready to pick back up where she left off.
Our Lady of Loreto (4-1) should round off the group. She needs a bit more consistent speed than she has previously demonstrated to contend for the win, but should be able to round out a shallow superfecta.
- FIRST RACE:
- 4-Stone Town, 1-School Of Thought, 6-Nevisian Sunrise, 2-Our Flash Drive.
- SECOND RACE:
- 2-Complex System, 3-Seize The Hay, 1-Chocolate Bar, 1A-Lokoya Road.
- THIRD RACE:
- 5-Lady C, 2-Pick Up The Fone, 4-Rude Awaking, 6-Our Lady Of Loreto.
- FOURTH RACE:
- 6-Skye Snow, 2-Lido Key, 1-Make Or Break, 9-Sterling Beauty.
- FIFTH RACE:
- 2-Midnight Tea Time, 6-Nakamura, 1-Pillar Mountain, 4-He’s No Lemon.
- SIXTH RACE:
- 4-Breithorn, 7-Striking Speed, 5-Seize The Day, 6-Market Impact.
- SEVENTH RACE:
- 6-La Hara, 7-Oak Hill, 1-Maximiliano, 2-Vintage Hollywood.
- EIGHTH RACE:
- 5-Letmetakethiscall, 2-Fierce Lady, 9-Playtone, 7-My Roxy Girl.
- NINTH RACE:
- 2-Enola Gay, 3-Antoinette, 1-Speaktomeofsummer, 5-Key Biscayne.
- TENTH RACE:
- 4-Red Zinger, 7-Dangerous Edge, 3-Southern Bridge, 2-Yankee Empire.
Bebe Banker (first).
Record for meet:
More from The Daily Gazette: