ROTTERDAM – A late-Wednesday morning fire damaged a home in Rotterdam.
No one was hurt.
Firefighters were called to the home on Dorsett Street just after 11:30 a.m. for a fire in the home’s bathroom, Rotterdam Fire District 2 Chief Kevin Thomas said.
The homeowner told firefighters she returned home to find a fire coming from the home’s bathroom exhaust fan. She got her two children and dog out and called firefighters.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke showing from the back of the house. They got inside and found the fire in the attic. The setup of the house made the fire led to some issues getting to the blaze, Thomas said.
Flames could eventually be seen coming from the side of the home, as well as the roof.
“The damage was significant to the upstairs of the house, but luckily nobody was hurt,” Thomas said.
Fire District 2 was assisted by Carman, South Schenectady, Fort Hunter, Schonowe, Pine Grove and Guilderland fire departments.