The featured race Friday will be the Grade III Lake George Stakes, run at a mile over the inner turf.
The track should be familiar to Sweet Melania (8-5), who broke her maiden on Saratoga’s inner turf as a favorite last summer.
The filly will likely attempt to wire the field Friday, as she is the only entrant who runs an early speed-race style. She draws the rail, so breaking out early may be her only choice, anyway. If she can match the mile time she ran in her last outing at Belmont (1:34.1), she would set he record for the fastest finish for the Lake George, which was set in 2018 by Daddy is a Legend at 1:34.27.
Cat’s Pajamas (5-1) may have the best chance to catch her. Her rise this year was cut as she was outfinished in the Grade II Lake Placid this July. But with a furlong less to run Friday, she should have enough in the tank to press in the stretch.
- FIRST RACE: 2-Captain Bombastic, 5-Dream Bigger, 1-Chowda, 4-Slash Gordon.
- SECOND RACE: 4-Princess Fawzia, 8-Kemba, 7-Come Storming, 5-Hurricane Breeze.
- THIRD RACE: 1-Wardenofthenorth, 3-Continuum, 6-Principal Dancer, 8-Swordsman.
- FOURTH RACE: 2-Stage Left, 1-Cobble Hill, 6-Majestic West, 5-Mister Bobby.
- FIFTH RACE: 9-The Promised Road, 4-Violentiam, 11-Herald Angel, 2-Party At Page’s.
- SIXTH RACE: 2-Dovima, 7-Barista Vixen, 6-Back Channel, 3-Black Magic Woman.
- SEVENTH RACE: 9-Rocket Heat, 3-Matta, 2-Sayyaaf, 7-Backtohisroots.
- EIGHTH RACE: 2-Irish Front, 4-Blindwillie McTell, 6-Wild Medagliad’oro, 7-Famished.
- NINTH RACE: 1-Sweet Melania, 6-Cat’s Pajamas, 2-Micheline, 8-Selflessly.
- TENTH RACE: 8-Cainudothetwist, 7-Spin Your Partner, 5-Madam Deputy, 6-Beyond Brown.
Judicial Restraint (fourth), Introduced (seventh), Danny California (eighth).
Record for meet: 75-for-309.