Friday’s 10th race will be the Fleet Indian Stakes, run at 1 1/8 miles on dirt. It will be one of six non-graded stakes races being run today over the 11-race card. The entrant who highlights the field is Critical Value (8-5), and though I believe she has the best chance to win, she comes with some red flags.
Critical Value enters today’s race coming off a solid win in the Bowerie Stakes at Belmont. However, that race was over two months ago, and was run at seven furlongs. The last time she ran at Friday’s distance, she lost her strength in the stretch and finished fourth.
While that race was a Grade II, it does leave the potential that she can be chased down. Luckily for Critical Value, none of the other entrants have won yet at Friday’s distance either, so each of them will have something to prove as well.
- FIRST RACE: 2-Rossa Veloce, 1-Make Mischief, 5-Summer Brew, 3-Infringement.
- SECOND RACE: 8-Judge N Jury, 1-Work Out, 6-Bohemian Ruby, 7-Masked Marauder.
- THIRD RACE: 2-More Graytful, 6-City Man, 1-Microsecond, 5-Sky Of Hook.
- FOURTH RACE: 5-Martinez, 12-I’m Blaming You, 3-Chrome Dixie, 8-Action Jackson.
- FIFTH RACE: 2-Fifty Five, 4-Classic Lady, 1-Myhartblongstodady, 6-War Canoe.
- SIXTH RACE: 12-Saratoga Pal, 8-Tercero, 9-Whichwaytomalibu, 3-Advanced Strategy.
- SEVENTH RACE: 1-Eagle Orb, 7-Hold The Salsa, 5-Effinity, 8-Thin White Duke.
- EIGHTH RACE: 3-Light In The Sky, 8-Summer At The Spa, 6-Astoria Kitten, 2-Bella Rose.
- NINTH RACE: 2-Oh My Papa, 8-Freewheeler, 12-Inside Info, 3-Big Wonder.
- TENTH RACE: 5-Critical Value, 2-Ice Princess, 1-Makingcents, 3-Sharp Starr.
- ELEVENTH RACE: 1-Dot Matrix, 3-Blewitt, 7-Therapist, 4-Gucci Factor.
Simply Ravishing (third), Palace Avenger (eighth), Foxtail (ninth).
Record for meet: 86-for-359.