Categories: Fulton Montgomery Schoharie
CAROGA – Eight people have been arrested in connection with two break-ins at the former Sherman’s property in Caroga, Fulton County Sheriff’s officials said.
All of the eight charged hail from either Clifton Park, Burnt Hills or Niskayuna, officials said.
The eight are charged in connection with a burglary there in July and one in August.
Charged with third-degree burglary, a felony, and petit larceny, a misdemeanor were:
- Serena M. Tripp, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Madison Cooper, 19, of Rexford
- Timothy McCarthy, 20, of Clifton Park
- Deirdre N. Rafferty, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Alyssa J. Slingerland, 20, of Clifton Park
- Luciano Sciocchetti, 20, of Niskayuna
- Aerin A. Dicruttalo, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Quinn J. Coccetti, 21, of Clifton Park
The eight are accused of entering the building on both dates, removing several items and smashing beer mugs on the dance floor.
Both incidents were caught on surveillance cameras and sheriff’s investigators then uploaded images to Facebook in an attempt to identify the suspects.
The sheriff’s post garnered more than 400,000 views and 7,800 shares, sheriff’s officials noted in a release, the most viewed post ever on the page.
The post also resulted in identifications of all eight suspects within 24 hours, officials said.
“The power of social media can be used in a positive manner to assist in solving crimes as this post demonstrated,” a sheriff’s release Tuesday read.
Each of the eight was issued appearance tickets and released to appear in court later.