SCHENECTADY – Firefighters were called Sunday evening to the Unitarian Universalist Society in Schenectady for a fire in a storage room.
The fire was called it at about 6:45 p.m. by passing firefighters who noticed smoke coming from the building at 1221 Wendell Ave., according to information available at the scene.
Firefighters arrived and found an active fire in the church’s storage room below the sanctuary, according to information available.
Firefighters knocked down the fire quickly, though smoke got sent into the building.
No injuries were reported.
Further information was not immediately available.