The Gloversville Police Department conducted an Underage Tobacco Enforcement Detail on Friday, and two of the nine businesses checked sold tobacco to an underage agent, according to a release from the department.
According to the department, both Frank’s West End Market, 261 W. Fulton St., and Dollar General, 372 N. Main St., sold tobacco to underage agents.
The cashiers who sold tobacco to an underage agent were issued an appearance ticket for a violation of Article 13-F Section 1399-CC Sub. 2 of the New York State Public Health Law. Both are scheduled to appear in Gloversville City Court in early October.
Seven other businesses checked did not sell tobacco to underage agents:
- Country Farms, 198-208 S. Main St.
- Cobble Pond Farms, 207 W. Fulton St.
- Cumberland Farms, 136 N. Main St.
- Jan’s Deli & Convenience, 142 W. Fulton St.
- Jimmy’s Deli, 78 N. Main St.
- Mud Deli, 47 N. Main St.
- Smoke Shop, 260 N. Main St.
The detail was made possible by the support of the HFM Prevention Council and the Glove City Coalition.