Schenectady County is set to reopen limited in-person activities at five Schenectady County Public Library branches on Monday.
While capacity will be limited, patrons will be able to select and checkout library material, retrieve holds and use computers, which will be by appointment only, at the Glenville Branch Library, Mont Pleasant Branch Library, Niskayuna Branch Library, Rotterdam Branch Library and the Phyllis Bornt Branch Library & Literacy Center.
“I’ve heard from many members of our community who miss going to their local library,” Schenectady County Legislator Peggy King, Chair of the Education & Libraries Committee said in a statement. “While digital materials have been available throughout the pandemic, and we’ve added curbside pickup and virtual programming, it’s just not the same as walking into a library and discovering all it has to offer.”
Those visiting the library must have their temperatures taken, need to sign in, need to comply with all county procedures, are required to socially distance and must wear masks.
The library schedules are as follows:
- Phyllis Bornt Branch Library & Literacy Center – Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1-5 p.m.
- Glenville Branch Library – Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 1-5 p.m.
- Mont Pleasant Branch Library – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 1-5 p.m.
- Niskayuna Branch Library – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 1-5 p.m.
- Rotterdam Branch Library – Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays: 1-5 p.m.