BALLSTON SPA — Nearly four dozen people have been indicted in connection with a drug ring that spanned the Capital Region, the state Attorney General’s Office said.
Those charged are accused of selling heroin laced with fentanyl, straight fentanyl, cocaine and pills in Saratoga, Schenectady, Albany, Warren, and Rensselaer counties.
The year-long investigation included covert surveillance and hundreds of hours of wire taps on more than two dozen phones, officials said. The indictment was unsealed Thursday in Saratoga County Court.
Authorities recovered about seven kilograms of cocaine, 70 grams of heroin, 120 grams of fentanyl and dozens of narcotic pills. Investigators also seized $40,000 in cash, officials said.
“We will pursue and prosecute all those who peddle illicit drugs and put New Yorkers in harm’s way for personal profit,” Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement. “Communities across New York are safer today for having shut down this vast network of distributors and traffickers of illicit drugs.”
Agencies code-named the investigation “Operation Red Dawn.” It included work and resources from the Attorney General’s Organized Crime Task Force, including the Saratoga Springs Police Department, the state police and the Schenectady County and Warren County sheriff’s departments.
Central to the network were Saratoga Springs resident Deborah Latalladi, 58, and Troy resident Lacy Enous, 44, officials said. The two often partnered to obtain and sell heroin, fentanyl and cocaine in Saratoga County, officials said.
Investigators allege that Latalladi had eight different sources of supply that she sold to a network of customers who traveled to her from around the region. Enous had customers in Saratoga, Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady counties, officials said.
Officials identified a major source of the drugs as Donald Thomas, 46, of Englewood, N.J., and Sharrod Thorton, 43, of the Bronx. The two operated a stash in the Bronx, from which they sold multiple kilograms of cocaine, police said. Investigators seized three kilograms of cocaine from Shawn Delmore, 49, of Waterbury, Conn., and investigators recovered four more kilograms at the Bronx stash location, officials said.
Those indicted face charges of operating as a major trafficker and various levels of felony criminal sale of a controlled substance and second-degree conspiracy. Thomas, Thorton and Delmore face charges of operating as a major trafficker and other counts.
“Drug dealers do not limit their illegal activities to specific jurisdictions, and we have shown by this collaborative effort that law enforcement will rise to the challenge and protect our communities,” Saratoga Springs Police Chief Shane Crooks said in a statement. “This investigation is the direct result of the hard work done by members of the various agencies involved and shows just how effective law enforcement can be when working together.”
Those charged in the indictment were identified as:
- Pamela Backus, 46, Greenfield Center
- Jordan Blount, 29, Ballston Spa
- Angel Bracero-Ortiz, 47, Saratoga Springs
- Omar Childress, 46, Schenectady
- Unikia Cross, 37, Saratoga Springs
- James Daggett, 63, Fort Edward
- Shawn Delmore, 49, Waterbury, Conn.
- Erica Dubray, 27, Troy
- Nancy Dukes, 64, Troy
- James Eggleston, 52, Hudson Falls
- Lacy Enous, 44, Troy
- Noelia Fuentes, 51, Saratoga Springs
- David Garcia, 46, Queensbury
- Dorothy Gethers, 60, Bronx
- Kimberly Goodson, 51, Queensbury
- Dean Harlan, 38, Albany
- Richard Henderson, 31, Bronx
- Carlos Hernandez, 58, Bronx
- Clarence Jackson, 43, Albany
- Adrian Kelley, 42, Albany
- Deborah Latalladi, 58, Saratoga Springs
- Erina Lemperle, 41, Schenectady
- Crystal Leo, 31, Saratoga Springs
- Amanda Lovely-Lamarche, 35, Porter Corners
- Zooleika Mendez, 45, Saratoga Springs
- Frankie Mercado, 42, Bronx
- Joseph Meunier, 41, Ballston Spa
- Shalena Murray, 30, Schenectady
- Damir Parsons, 20, Schenectady
- Mattathias Parsons, 46, Schenectady
- Adriane Pierce, 58, Poughkeepsie
- Nicole Rich, 32, Saratoga Springs
- Alexander Rivera, 67, Bronx
- Patrick Robinson, 58, Saratoga Springs
- Louis Rosa, 40, Schenectady
- Frank Sawyer, 43, Watervliet
- Yvonne Smith, 63, Saratoga Springs
- Janessa Soto, 31, Troy
- Nicole Strainer, 25, Greenwich
- Philip Taylor, 47, Saratoga Springs
- Donald Thomas, 46, Englewood, NJ
- Sharrod Thorton, 43, Bronx
- Shetwana Venable, 28, Saratoga Springs
- Dranae Washington, 49, Schenectady
- Eric Williams, 53, Schenectady
- Lamont Williams, 43, Bronx
- Elrahim Wright, 47, Brooklyn