Praise for Sch’dy’s emergency services
This is to express our thanks to the fine job that the emergency services in the city perform.
My wife fell at home on Thanksgiving Day and I phoned 911 for help.
From the 911 operator, to the fire department crew, to the Mohawk Ambulance crew, all performed admirably. Unfortunately, I have no names of the personnel who arrived to help us. All performed admirably and made us feel that we were in good hands and that my wife was safe.
The whole procedure was done in an extremely timely manner and my wife was taken to St. Peters Hospital in Albany in rapid time.
We citizens in Schenectady are very lucky to have such a quality emergency service available when needed.
Confine Congress til they pass stimulus
Enlist the 82nd Airborne to encircle the U.S. Capitol and not let anyone out (or paychecks in) until all 535 “representatives” have discussed, agreed to, and passed legislation that provides fair, comprehensive and universal benefits to all Americans living within the United States.
Lock up any in all branches of our government who don’t care to follow the will of We the People.
No Christmas break, no pay, no junkets to Aruba, no nothing until they do what they have been paid for.
Responsible truckers wouldn’t hit bridge
The Glenville railroad underpass was recently hit by a truck once again.
My wife and I have many interests, which include traveling in our motor home. It is big and would not be appropriate for some roads.
On board, I use a GPS unit specific for large recreational vehicles and use a trucker’s atlas to plan my routes, taking into consideration the height, length and width of our rig. I am not employed to drive our motor home; however, I take responsibility for operating such a large vehicle on our public roadways.
With all the information available and warning posted, there should be nowhere near the number of bridge strikes occurring.
My mother always wanted me to be a dentist, maybe I should have been a professional truck driver.
Plenty of reasons we won’t miss Trump
Things I won’t miss about Trump:
– His trashing of the Constitution, the rule of law and degrading the presidency;
– Alienating our allies; cozying up to dictators;
– Child abuse (caging immigrant children, separating them from parents);
– His bigotry, racism, and embracing /encouraging white supremacists;
– Rollbacks of environmental rules; drilling in the Arctic Refuge;
– Calling climate change a hoax;
– Abuse of the Emoluments Clause and the Hatch Act;
– Bullying and name-calling;
– Golfing instead of governing;
– Spreading ridiculous conspiracy theories;
– His incessant lying and whining (upward of over 22,000 lies at last count);
– His refusal to lead by example by wearing a mask and refusing to take this killer virus seriously;
– His childish firing of anyone perceived as “disloyal” to him;
– His increasingly unhinged and erratic behavior;
– His refusal to accept that he lost the election.
If any Trump supporters find any of the above admirable behavior, it speaks volumes about your moral compass, or lack thereof.
Commenters to online letters who fail to follow rules against name-calling, profanity, threats, libel or other inappropriate language will have their comments removed and their commenting privileges withdrawn.
To report inappropriate online comments, email Editorial Page Editor Mark Mahoney at [email protected].