Saratoga County

Waterford establishes emergency shelter after gas outage

File

File

WATERFORD – The Waterford Rescue Squad was established as an emergency shelter Saturday afternoon due to a natural gas outage in the town’s Northside neighborhood.

The town issued an advisory Saturday saying National Grid was responding to “a significant gas supply issue” in an area that includes Clifton, Grove, Grace and River streets, and along 1st Avenue.

“National Grid has deployed significant resources to the area to work on the problem, with repairs requiring major excavation and work will continue for some time,” the advisory said. “We do not have a timetable for completion of any repairs.”

Members of the fire and police departments went door-to-door to notify residents in the affected areas, and the rescue squad shelter was established for those who need to keep warm if their home was heated with gas. For affected residents in need of shelter, transportation will also be made available if necessary, town officials said.

GAZETTE COVERAGE

Ensure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe

Categories: News, Saratoga County

Leave a Reply