SARATOGA COUNTY – Ten out of 60 businesses checked countywide failed an underage alcohol sales check Friday night, Saratoga County Sheriff’s officials said Tuesday.
The sheriff’s office and state Liquor Authority conducted the operation, checking for compliance with alcoholic beverage control laws, officials said.
They covered the entire county, using underage volunteers to go into businesses to attempt to purchase alcohol, officials said.
They checked a total of 60 businesses, ten of them sold to the underage volunteer, officials said.
In each case, the clerk who made the sale was arrested and charged with a violation and the stores are to face sanctions from the state, as well.
The stores identified by the sheriff’s office that failed compliance were:
- Speedway, 3006 Route 50, Wilton
- Exxon, 1284 Route 9, Moreau
- Stewart’s Shop, 3 Saratoga Ave., South Glens Falls
- M and M Fuels, 3 Gansevoort Road, South Glens Falls
- Stewart’s Shop, 1917 Route 32, Northumberland
- Stewart’s Shop, 208 Broad St., Schuylerville
- Sunoco, 2465 Route 9, Malta
- Speedway, 1583 Route 9, Halfmoon
- Sunoco, 667 Hudson Ave., Stillwater
- Yemill Mini-Mart, 66 Third St., Waterford