Niskayuna is putting out another call for residents to apply to be on the town’s racial equity and justice task force.
The town first asked for applications in May but received none, according to its website.
The 15-member task force will provide the town board guidance on “establishing the mission, goals, strategies and performance measures for the town of Niskayuna’s commitment to equity, eradicating racism and discrimination and serving justice,” states the town board’s website.
Members serve a three-year term beginning Sept. 1.
People applying must:
- Be a resident of Niskayuna
- Be able to commit at least four hours a week to the task force
- Be a critical thinker
- Be able to communicate via email and participate in virtual meetings
- Have written and oral communication skills
- Be a team player and have strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Have a dedication to and appreciation for working with and being intentionally inclusive of all town residents
Applications should be sent to town attorney Paul Briggs at [email protected].