SCHENECTADY — A special summer edition of Schenectady Restaurant Week is scheduled to start Monday and run through Aug. 22.
The popular late-winter promotion, first staged in 2006, was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The event is a joint effort by the Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corp. and the Chamber of Schenectady County. DSIC Executive Director Jim Salengo said the annual event brings a welcome boost of revenue and recognition for the local restaurant industry.
“We wanted to make sure 2021 didn’t pass by without giving customers the chance to show their support during one of our most popular annual promotions,” he said in a news release.
- Dukes Chophouse at Rivers Casino, 1 Rush St.
- Johnny’s Restaurant, 432 State St.
- Katie O’Byrne’s Irish Pub, 121 Wall St.
- Mexican Radio, 325 State St.
- More Perreca’s Italian Kitchen, 31 N. Jay St.
- Pho Queen, 96 Jay St.
- Tops American Grill, Bakery & Bar, 351 Duanesburg Road, Rotterdam
- Turf Tavern, 40 Mohawk Ave., Scotia
- Zen Asian Bistro, 469 State St.
Special fixed-price menus will be offered. The price was increased this year from $25 to $30 in recognition of the financial hardship that has faced restaurateurs during the pandemic.