Friday, Aug. 27 in Saratoga
Pick of the day
NEW YORK SHOWCASE DAY AT SARATOGA RACE COURSE
- Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs
- New York Craft Beer and Spirits Specials
- Cutwater Spirits Tasting
- LifeWorks Community Action Food Drive
- CDPHP celebrates NYRA Hometown Heroes
- Gates open 11 a.m.
- First post 1:05 p.m.
- Stakes races: Albany (NYB), Fleet Indian (NYB), Funny Cide Stakes (NYB), Seeking the Ante (NYB), West Point Stakes (NYB), Yaddo Handicap (NYB)
- Sensemaya at the Vulcan Tequila Summer Stage
SHRED IS DEAD (DEAD & CO. AFTERPARTY)
- Doors: 10 p.m. | Show: 11:30 p.m.
- Putnam Place, 63a Putnam Street, Saratoga Springs
- Age: 21 and up
- Tickets: $10
DJ PAULYD AT GAFFNEY’S
- 16 Caroline St., Saratoga Springs
DINOSAURS IN MOTION
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Universal Preservation Hall, 25 Washington St., Saratoga Springs
- 8 to 10 p.m.
- Caffé Lena, Saratoga Springs
SARATOGA BALLOON AND BBQ FESTIVAL
- 5 to 6 p.m.
- Saratoga County Fairgrounds, 162 Prospect St., Ballston Spa
SUMMER SQUARE SERIES: JORDAN TAYLOR HILL
- 6 p.m.
- Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Inspired by African music, percussion, hip-hop and djembe
- No ticket required
WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR
- Gates open at 9 a.m.
- 392 Old Schuylerville Rd, Greenwich
- Day Pass: $12, Advanced Ride Ticket Sheets: $10
BIG SKY COUNTRY
- 7:30 p.m.
- Washington County Fair Entertainment Tent #1, Greenwich
- Daily admission: $12