Wednesday, Sept. 1 in Saratoga
Pick of the day
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001: THE DAY THAT CHANGED THE WORLD
- Poster exhibition courtesy of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Foyer of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
- Today through Sept. 20 from opening to closing
CONGRESS PARK GUIDED WALKING TOURS
- 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Meet at Saratoga Springs Visitors Center, 297 Broadway
- 90 minutes in length
- Cost: $20 | Children Age 12 and under: Free
- About 1/2 mile in length; Flat, paved pathway
FAN APPRECIATION WEEK KICKS OFF AT SARATOGA RACE COURSE
- Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs
- Gates open | 11 a.m.
- First post | 1 p.m.
- Stakes races: With Anticipation (III) (Turf)
- The George Fletcher Blues Band at the Vulcan Tequila Summer Stage
- Buy one, get one on select reserved seats and tables; savings on final Berkshire Bank Family Sunday
- Premium giveaway sale on favorites from past meets starting at 11 a.m.
SARATOGA FARMERS’ MARKET
- 3 to 6 p.m.
- High Rock Park, Saratoga Springs
POETRY MIC NIGHT
- Feat. Quarry Songs | A Song Cycle for Change
- 7 to 9 p.m.
- Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs
AVATAR: GOING HUNTING TOUR
- Doors: 7 p.m. | Show: 8 p.m.
- Empire Live, 93 North Pearl St., Albany
- Ages 16 and up
FONDA FAIR | CHILDREN & SENIOR CITIZENS’ DAY
- 8 a.m. to 11 p.m | Midway opens at 1 p.m.
- 21 Bridge Street S, Fonda
- General admission: $12 | Parking: $2 | Unlimited rides: $25
SCHAGHTICOKE FAIR | MILITARY APPRECIATION & $1 Day
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- 69 Stillwater Bridge Road, Schaghticoke
- General admission: $1
- Veterans and active duty with military I.D., plus children 13 and under: Free
WING NIGHT WEDNESDAY AT TIPSY MOOSE TAP & TAVERN
- 11:30 a.m. to close at all 3 locations
- 1 dozen wings and a pint of Moosehead lager for $15.95
- Latham: 185 Old Loudon Road, Latham
- Troy: 62 Vandenburgh Ave, Troy
- Albany: 261 New Scotland Ave, Albany