SCHENECTADY – Although foul play cannot be ruled out, there were no signs of trauma concerning the bodies of two women found dead in one of the brand new apartments of a public housing facility on Van Vranken Avenue Saturday, city police spokesman Officer Patrick Irwin said Sunday.
Carbon monoxide was ruled out at the scene by the Schenectady Fire Department and National Grid, Irwin said.
The women were found at about noon in an apartment in Northside Village, formerly Yates Village, a public housing community of 64 new apartments that is in the midst of a multi-phased redevelopment.
One of the women was in her 40s and the other was in her 50s. Irwin said their names couldn’t be released because not all family had been notified as of Sunday afternoon.
Autopsies had been completed while investigators await the result of toxicology reports, Irwin said.
Officers from the Schenectady Police Department and Schenectady Fire Department responded for a report of two women who were down inside an apartment.
Upon arrival, the two women were discovered and pronounced dead at the scene. The call was received from a family member of one of the women.