SCHENECTADY – Concerned for the Hungry Inc. is seeking volunteers to help with the 42nd Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive activities at Keane Elementary School, 1252 Albany St. Visit www.concernedforthehungry.org to see the volunteer schedule and sign-up link or call 518-372-9881. Help is needed for the following:
- Nov. 13, from 2-4 p.m. to sort Boy Scout food donations
- Nov. 17, from 3-7 p.m. to construct boxes
- Nov. 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to pick up and unload food
- Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to sort food
- Nov. 20, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to pack food baskets
- Nov. 21, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to distribute food (no small children)
- Nov. 22, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Agencies pick up, deliveries
All activities will follow strict New York State safety guidelines. All volunteers will have a temperature check and must wear a mask and gloves (where necessary). Volunteers not in the same “pod” will maintain a six-foot distance from others.
In 2020, Concerned for the Hungry distributed 4-day food supplies, with the generous help of community donors and volunteers, to more than 1900 families in need. This year we will serve 1700+ families, nearly 7,000 people.