Daily Gazette announces paid summer journalism internship program for 2022 – How to apply

PHOTOGRAPHER:

The Daily Gazette is thrilled to announce a paid summer journalism internship in collaboration with the New York Press Association Foundation.

The chosen candidate will spend six weeks working in the Gazette’s newsroom in Schenectady along with our editors, reporters and photographers. The position also involves reporting in the field. A vehicle and valid driver’s license are required.

Prior journalism experience isn’t required, but applicants must demonstrate a basic proficiency in writing. Prior experience working for a student newspaper is a plus.

While being required to work approximately 30 hours per week over six weeks, the intern will receive a $2,600 stipend from NYPA. Any mileage incurred for the position will be reimbursed weekly.

Eligible applicants must attend college during the 2022-2023 academic year and be available for six weeks starting around early June.

To apply, please email a short cover letter expressing your interest and three writing samples (work from a student publication or class are acceptable) to the following email: [email protected]. Please include the words NYPA SUMMER INTERNSHIP in the subject line.

Applications will be vetted by Gazette editors. Selected finalists will be required to provide three faculty or work recommendations and a 200- to 300-word news story on a current spot news event at your college or in your community. Final selections will be made by the NYPA Foundation Board of Directors.

The deadline for applications to the Gazette is March 1, 2022. Selected interns will be notified by mid-April.

Good luck.

Categories: Life and Arts

0 Comments

No Comment.