AMSTERDAM — Two adults and two children in Amsterdam are receiving help from the American Red Cross after a fire in their apartment Friday left them displaced.
Amsterdam firefighters responded at 2:43 p.m. Friday to 100 Charles St., Building L, Apt. 5, for a kitchen fire. When firefighters got there, they saw heavy smoke and the fire had reached the kitchen ceiling, said Battalion Chief Rob Jablonski.
No injuries were reported.
The kitchen had heavy damage and the rest of the apartment had smoke and water damage, Jablonski said.
The children are ages two and 11, according to a release from the Red Cross. They provided financial assistance to the family for items such as shelter, food and clothing.
“Volunteers also offered health services and emotional support,” the release states. “In the coming days, Red Cross staff and volunteers will remain available to help those affected by the fire as they navigate the road to recovery.”
Reporter Shenandoah Briere can be reached at [email protected].
More from The Daily Gazette:
Categories: Fulton Montgomery Schoharie